Guardians of Azeroth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guardians of Azeroth Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThottbotWowhead

Art perhaps?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thoriggs

Thoriggs

Art perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Art perhaps?   Art perhaps? EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:43 am

Erm... right, Don't really know where to put this as there isn't a section for "Show'n'Tell" lol but for fun I'd like to show some of you what I have been working on at University and I'll keep the thread updated as my work gets finished and I'm happy to show it to you guys to get your verdict Smile.

Basically I'm studying Games Design, which involves alot of sketchpad work and hours on end working with game engines (If I'm not on Spermik, I'll either be doing my work or on my PS3 Wink). Its something I've wanted to do since I was very little, playing games since I was 3 was probably the reason for this lol. Sooo hopefully when I'm done in roughly a year, I'll be hired by Blizzard (Wink) and help them continue to make stupidly addictive games... If you didn't get hooked or even have played the Diablo or Starcraft series then shame on you, you WoW whore!

But anyway.. I'll get around to showing heh..

Tyranny

The game is entitled "Tyranny" not Tranny.. like many read it, tbh having a game about a tranny might be quite comical.. but anyway, I was working on this with a friend. He produced all the models and I made the levels, as this is where I would like to put my focus when it comes to game development. This project as with many I have helped create, never got finished so don't expect any wow factor lol. I also feel I have quite a blizzard like mentality with my work, suchas don't show it til I'm 100% it looks amazing.. but here I will be making an exception as I would like your thoughts on everything I create!

I started with creating a spaceport as the starting point for the player and as with everything else this never got finished! But the only real part of it I was happy with was the first corridor you start on.. all the rest is still in its design phase so I was still playing around with how it was going to look in the final structure. (You'll notice this in the video)

This was made on the Source Engine which was used with such games like Half Life 2, Left 4 Dead, Portal etc. So in the screenies you'll notice some similarities like the HUD and enemies - never got around to changing thoes! But all textures and models are custom made.... only a few textures + models from HL2 were used. The corridor was all my own textures so nothing HL2 in there!

Corridor

Art perhaps? Corridor1
One Side of the Corridor

Art perhaps? Corridor
Other Side

So thats all I'll show in images for that game lol... theres a video Here if you would like to take a look at it.

Let me know what you think and I'll add more to this topic when I get more levels done!

Ty for reading this if you really have Wink.
Back to top Go down

Art perhaps?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guardians of Azeroth :: Off-Topic :: Art-
Jump to: