Guardians of Azeroth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guardians of Azeroth Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThottbotWowhead

current state of the guild (raids)

Go down 
+6
Juniorknight
Paco
Thoriggs
Linktoheaven
skinrot
coolclan
10 posters

would a requirement of 50% activeness be acceptable for guild raids?
yes
current state of the guild (raids) I_vote_lcap71%current state of the guild (raids) I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 10 ]
no
current state of the guild (raids) I_vote_lcap0%current state of the guild (raids) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
maybe
current state of the guild (raids) I_vote_lcap0%current state of the guild (raids) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
kiss my ass
current state of the guild (raids) I_vote_lcap21%current state of the guild (raids) I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
im a noob, whats a guild raid?
current state of the guild (raids) I_vote_lcap7%current state of the guild (raids) I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
coolclan

current state of the guild (raids) Empty
PostSubject: current state of the guild (raids)   current state of the guild (raids) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:08 pm

well, here it is, from what i seen lately (last couple months or so) the guild has pretty much gone to total shit as far as any type of organized guild raids on ANYTHING is concerned. i know that i myself have tried to make raids to EVERY SINGLE OPEN RAID INSTANCE and while i get some people for them (you know who you are and as such ignore this) usually i end up with over half the raid slots empty while i stare at the guild screen looking at all the ppl online who could join but choose not to. my solution to this is very simple.....make joining said raids a some-what requirement. my thought is require 75% activeness in any guild raids for a given period of time (say 1 month for each period). now using this as an example say we have 1 guild raid every week, in this case you would be required to participate in 3 out of the 4. and b4 any dumbass shit starts i know this is pretty much an unrealistic expectation for a number of reasons, main ones being time zones/number of guild members. so, i say 50% participation required. now, to go with this, what i consider a legit guild raid is lead by one of hte guild leaders (guild master/officers) and to keep it more balanced it would take into account raid location (ie i lead a naxx25 raid and a os25 raid every week of the month, and norse does the same, well since the locations are the same they count as 1 raid each ((1 naxx 25 and 1 os 25)). to go along with this i would schedule specific days and times (approximately, could be changed depending on needs) so that nobody could say they didnt know. but anyway, what do ya'll think?
Back to top Go down
skinrot

skinrot

PostSubject: Re: current state of the guild (raids)   current state of the guild (raids) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:33 pm

I think guild raids are a good idea. Unfortunatly, I see that some of them start as that, then fall appart cause no participation (as CC said).

Just finding out that I can't read AM / PM so I missed the last guild raid cause bunged up 12:00 midnight and noon.
Back to top Go down
skinrot

skinrot

PostSubject: Re: current state of the guild (raids)   current state of the guild (raids) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:43 pm

Oh yeah. for Saturday, my times are (server time I hope I'm doing this right)

14:00 to 23:00

Weekdays are 17:00 to restart (24:00)
Back to top Go down
Linktoheaven

Linktoheaven

PostSubject: Re: current state of the guild (raids)   current state of the guild (raids) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 6:02 pm

WOOO HOOO 6 people voted!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!

i stoped playing WoW, cya in couple of years when our guild gets its sh*t together...

I rly liked this guild when i joined it, people were active, was one of best guilds on server, we could do OS every week with no problems (i still remember tanking Sarth with 3.2k GS, on fail mix of dps and tank frost talents), people were talking all day and stuff like that...

Now... Trade chat is more crowded then guild chat... Most people have left, i didnt leave guild but i left wow till this gets better...

I also tried to do Graids and it was fine will few weeks after naxx10... After that like 90% of active people left guild becuase of god knows what (or till then)...

So im out... Till something gets done about it...
Back to top Go down
Thoriggs

Thoriggs

PostSubject: Re: current state of the guild (raids)   current state of the guild (raids) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Yeh sounds good to me CC. and I know I always bang on about this but with these events, could they be posted into the forums aswell? As I'm not always on WoW to see members talking about it, and I do check the forums more often (almost every day). Then if they become a regular occourance, it wouldnt require much more effort as people in the guild would know that they happen and when etc.

I just hope the guild supports this as it will save alot of time looking for other players to join and be alot more enjoyable!

On another note, there's now a Teamspeak 3 Server for spermik: ts.spermik.info where we can create our own channel for these said raids. I'll definatly be picking up my mic soon, Hope all you guys have mics too Smile (sorry if this is too off topic!)
Back to top Go down
Paco

PostSubject: Re: current state of the guild (raids)   current state of the guild (raids) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:23 pm

May i ask 1 question? theres about 10 people that use this guild forum. and only about 6 of us that are actually active players. May i see the point on this forum topic. In my oppion i think we should find a partnering guild and run raids with them.
Back to top Go down
Juniorknight

Juniorknight

PostSubject: Re: current state of the guild (raids)   current state of the guild (raids) EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:12 am

id say cc you should make a graid to naxx25 on fridays or saturdays since if we cant get a full raid we can pug some pro players instead wait till like mondays or later and get brainless nobs Razz

oh and LEMME DO LFMALLIANCE PLOX IVE SEEN RESULTS xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/juniorthy123456
Surreal

Surreal

PostSubject: Re: current state of the guild (raids)   current state of the guild (raids) EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:25 pm

yea i agree with the participation limit... but i think we're going to have to start off with 10-mans, because even with the requirement the raid will probably turn out to be 70% pug if we try 25-mans =/
Back to top Go down
coolclan

PostSubject: Re: current state of the guild (raids)   current state of the guild (raids) EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:24 pm

10 or 25 or 40 its all the same really, either folks will participate or they wont, if this idea gets enough support then, well, lets be honest, there IS really only 1 punishment i support for guild issues........
Back to top Go down
safiso

safiso

PostSubject: Re: current state of the guild (raids)   current state of the guild (raids) EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:41 pm

About guild raids i think the problem is the lack of faith in the guild's ability to do a raid properly.
the thing is , every pve player in the guild has his own scheduled raid team that he joins everyweek and doesnt need the guild anymore , and CC the raid posts u make here are useless cause like paco said .. only a few people check the
forum.
So i say just team up with other guilds and u can have enuff people then.
Back to top Go down
coolclan

PostSubject: Re: current state of the guild (raids)   current state of the guild (raids) EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:51 pm

well iso if thats really the case then said ppl should really re-evaluate their decision to be in the guild in the first place, or i could always re-evalute it for them Wink
Back to top Go down
Lrdraziel

Lrdraziel

PostSubject: Re: current state of the guild (raids)   current state of the guild (raids) EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:57 pm

I think we do need more guild raids..... i don't know if i agree with the 50% required part.... the way i see it is i got a busy life... i might have a whole weekend to play wow and want to raid, but then i might not have a weekend open for a month.... now as for the guild raids if we got em set in stone and more of the guild chooses to go to them not other raids we can have more cause come on we got a ton of 80's and a ton that DO every raid like every week.... if they just did em with the guild we would have no problem...

now i know when Naxx first opened a few people had a sign up list, that screwed me cause i can't tell you if i can do a raid next week hell i don't know what i'm doing after work tomorrow much less next week...(and that raid i WAS online but there was no spot for me cause i didn't sign up for it)

SO i say lets make raids, if others in the guild wish to lead em ask an officer like a week or few days atleast ahead to help em set it up, (if you say you will lead one, be there).... and give everyone a chance to get on for it... if we don't have a full group.. THEN ask for non guildies to fill em up... if we start having en routine after a few weeks they might start getting full without non guildie help....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/DamonsArmory
Thoriggs

Thoriggs

PostSubject: Re: current state of the guild (raids)   current state of the guild (raids) EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:24 pm

I'm in the same boat as Lrd here really and you guys saying that not many people use the forum? That can be very easily solved if guildies would tell ppl to use the forum more esp. for raid events. I would bet that a few 80s in the guild do not even know we have a forum lol... I suppose what I'm trying to say is, that its not really an excuse to not run these guild events as these issues can be easily sorted.

Also if it became a regular occourance, people wouldn't be so new to doing the said raids. I still think we should run with it.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Juniorknight

Juniorknight

PostSubject: Re: current state of the guild (raids)   current state of the guild (raids) EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:18 pm

i can save an alt for guild raids if nessicary Surprised 1 less spot is filled Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/juniorthy123456
Illiandara

Illiandara

PostSubject: Re: current state of the guild (raids)   current state of the guild (raids) EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 5:40 pm

I think FORCING any guildie to participate in anything is STUPID! You cannot impose rules such as this on REAL people with REAL lives. You cannot know all the time what you are going to be available for or not. Telling me I HAVE to participate in anything makes me want to refuse. Kick me from the guild for it... I don't think so... but this is my opinion. I honestly think that if everyone would STOP complaining about things and start trying to fix what we have instead of trying to FORCE people to do what ONE OR TWO people want will make things better. The guild is in the "current state" because WE HAVE ALL made it this way. Forcing people to try to fix it is not the answer. ASKING for their participation instead of giving them an ULTIMATUM (which you have done) may get you better results.

Blessed Be,

Illiandara - The Queen Bish of GOA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: current state of the guild (raids)   current state of the guild (raids) Empty

Back to top Go down

current state of the guild (raids)
Page 1 of 1