Guardians of Azeroth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guardians of Azeroth Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThottbotWowhead

Guild Events.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spiinner

Guild Events. Empty
PostSubject: Guild Events.   Guild Events. EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:07 pm

Hey Guys, Officers are having a tough time Think of Guild events all level's can participate in. So, I'm hoping that you guys can give us Some, Please post and Ideas that you have. TY.

So Far The Officers, Mostly Dot, have came up with the following:

Darts
Participation required: low
Pre-event organization required: low
Event organization required: low
Duration of the event: 1hour

For this event you will need people to create level 1 alts of particular race (same race characters should be used because of the size). Or you could allow mains/alts as long as they are of the same race. You will also need a high cliff. For horde side I would suggest Thunderbluff or Thousand Needles, alliance side, mountains around Ironforge seems like a suitable choice. You could also pick more exotic locations, like a jump point from Mount Hyjal (yes, I know it is a closed zone), or top if Orgrimar, or any other "hard to reach" places, but make sure to bring a high level lock with you if you do that. Then, when everyone is in place organizer will set a target (most likely just jump down himself). The goal of the event is for the alts die as close to the target as possible by jumping down. Target could be set beforehand so the exact place to jump off is unknown.
Everyone gets 2 redoes if they wish, so for example if the first time someone jumps they do not like the way they jumped they can redo the jump up to 2 times. However if the consequent jump is further from the target then previous results are lost, so it is up to participant to determine if they want to redo or not.
At the end person closest to the target wins.
Possible alterations would be: allowing only one jump per character or 3 jumps per character (that will require 3 characters per participant).
Prizes can be provided by guild fund or participation can be taxes and winner takes the pot.

Naked Gnome Race, No need to go into detail with that one.

Guess Who Clue
Participation Required: medium
Pre-Event Organization Required: medium
Event Organization Required: low
Duration of the Event: 30 minutes to an hour

In this event, players are tested on how well they know their fellow guildies. This requires about six people from one guild, and one person from another. The seven(ish) players give clues on what they do and what they have done in their guild. *Must be on level one alts newly created.* Each participant must then guess who is the "mole" - the one person who isnt in guild.You could make them explain WHY they think that person is so and so, or just a plain guess to the host. The host should write down which people guessed what. You could also tweak this into guessing who the seven people are. You can add more people if needed, make sure they are trustworthy not to give out information on who they are to friends. The winner is the person who got the most correct / closest to correct. This could envolve prize money to the winner from admission fees, or no prizes at all. After the event is over, the clue people reveal who they really are. This is filled with alot of fun and laughs once you find out who everyone is.

-A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Back to top Go down
dotty

dotty

Guild Events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Events.   Guild Events. EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:46 am

hahah nice one spiiny, im loving the mole event that sounds like fun....i was thinking of some hide and seek event or gathering event..but i have assignment due in in 2 weeks so i dunno how much time i can devote to running an event...Good news tho, after two weeks off i have a month off, so will be able to sort sth out....kina like naked gnome race too...lets see how it goes. But nice work so far mate cheers
Back to top Go down
alexmx

alexmx

Guild Events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Events.   Guild Events. EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:30 am

I always liked pvp events,
we could make groups of ppl close of lvl and in 80's chase we make groups considering gear
and we make it like a piramid and first place from each piramid depending on lvl and stuff gets a prize...
or we could make it like....if u want to join it will cost u 10g for example and in the end the winer of each category gets the gold is razed in their category,
is just an ideea, let me know if u think is good Smile
Back to top Go down
Spiinner

Guild Events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Events.   Guild Events. EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 3:35 am

For the PvP event, its kinda hard to get enough people willing to do it. but, i will try. i will put info in the GMOTD, but, this event will happen in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Events.   Guild Events. Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild Events.
Page 1 of 1